- Babeș-Bolyai University, Department of Mathematics and Informatics, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2003. Title of thesis: Critical and equilibrium points for set-valued maps. Scientific advisor: Wolfgang W. Breckner.
- University of Debrecen, Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Debrecen, Hungary, 2005. Title of thesis: Non-smooth critical point theories with applications in elliptic problems and the theory of geodesics. Scientific advisor: László Kozma.
- Central European University, Department of Mathematics and its Applications, Budapest, 2006-2010. Title of thesis: Economic optimization problems via Riemann-Finsler geometry; Scientific advisor: Gheorghe Moroșanu.
- Babeş-Bolyai University, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Cluj-Napoca, 6 September 2013. Title of dissertation: Elliptic problems via critical point theory.
- Óbuda University, Budapest, 24 September 2015. Title of dissertation: Anisotropic versus isotropic phenomena: a geometric approach.
- Program coordinator (Senior category): Functional inequalities and elliptic PDEs: the influence of curvature. 2018- 2022, National Research, Development and Innovation Fund of Hungary, K_18, No. 127926.
- Program coordinator (Senior category): Symmetries in elliptic problems: Euclidean vs. non-euclidean techniques. 2011-2015, PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0241, CNCSIS (National Research Center for Advanced Studies), Bucharest, Romania.
- Program coordinator (Senior category): Application of recent variational methods to the study of nonlinear elliptic PDEs and optimization problems, 2007-2010, CNCSIS, Bucharest, Romania.
- Program coordinator (Junior category): Study of elliptic problems via critical point theory, CNCSIS, Bucharest, Romania.
- Member (Young researcher): Geometrical Analysis, EU Research Training Network PRN-CT-999-00118/2000-2004, Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Stefan Banach Center, Warsaw, Poland, 4 months (1 June – 31 August 2003, and 20 January – 20 February 2004).
- Spiru Haret Award, Romanian Academy, București, Romania, 2014.
- Bolyai Plakett, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary, 2013.
Member in Editorial Boards:
- Journal of Optimization Theory and its Applications (Springer);
- Analele Universitatii din Timisoara, Seria Matematica (De Gruyter);
- Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Mathematica.
- Szilárd Nagy, Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Title of the thesis: Variational Approach to Stackelberg Equilibria (Defended on 11 September 2015).
- Csaba Farkas, Óbuda University, Budapest, Hungary. Title of the thesis: Sobolev-type inequalities on Riemannian manifolds with applications (Defended on 17 April 2018).
- Ágnes Mester, Óbuda University, Budapest, Hungary, 2017-.
- Sándor Kajántó, Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2018-.